The Senate Education Committee began working on the annual miscellaneous education bill on Friday. There are several things this bill does, including:
- Create a State Board of Education staffing and compensation study.
- Order a study of course offerings in K-12 statewide looking for any disparities.
- Create a proficiency-based learning study committee.
- Investigate the possibility of a remote Teacher Grant Program.
- Appropriate funds for post-secondary school marketing (primarily for state colleges).
- A placeholder that would allow pre-k funds to be used across state lines for those in border towns.
- Create a working group on the status of libraries in Vermont.
There was some discussion around whether school safety measures should be included.